May 22, 2011

Another Day in Paradise

As of late my handsome hubby, who shall be know on this blog as 'Supremo' has been working tons.  Lots of rain has been pushing back the potato work that has to be done.  So I am still pretty much on what I like to call 'Single Mother Status.'  (Let me just say, WOW to all the single parents out there.  I don't know how you do it.)  It's not my favorite, but we make it work.  My little monsters (The dog included) are always thinking of ways to push my buttons and the last few days have been no exception.

*The Diva had to sharpen a pencil with the new battery powered (I know, we are getting high tech) sharpener.  Me not being all there, let her do it on the edge of the counter.  (So actually this is my fault.)  The boys had been going sharpener crazy so the thing was full.  Well, the Diva got mad when she had to stop and whacked the sharpener off the counter.  Shavings went everywhere, including the dog's water bowl.  (He will still be know as Graham on this blog.)  What a mess.

* Graham decided that he needed to go to the bathroom on the Noodle's bed.  Gross with a capital "G"

*Chief has one pair of shoes right now.  I know, but I hate spending money on things that he grows out of so fast.  I think if we lived in the middle of no where I would let him run around in the buff.  Back to what I was writing about.  He decided that he needed to go dancing in the mud.  Gorgeous shoes for church.

*The Noodle has been throwing these crazy tantrums.  I mean CRAZY.  We had an issue this morning about no whipped cream in the chocolate milk, with the spilling of the chocolate milk as the ultimate result.  


*The Diva discovered how to open her door, and nap time disappeared at the same time.  (It was such a sad day.)

More has happened this week, but due to pregnancy brain, I just can't remember.

Today has been nice though.  We only had a morning tantrum,  Chief only whacked the dog...Just once too.  (My dog is so good to those monsters.)  The Diva didn't take a nap, but hasn't been totally crazy.  The best part!!!  The Noodle put on his baking apron, and with little supervision made snickerdoodles!
Not only was that totally impressive, but he had to cut the recipe in half-  and he did it!  (We are homeschooling this Summer to see if we like it.  This was part of his math.  More on that later.)

So the Green Momster survived the Sabbath with only morning tears.  Tears that come much more often due to the hormones.  Woot for a new week!
I am seriously still searching for my camera.  The Diva hid it somewhere, and I have no clue where to even begin.  Some of these photos are outdated.

2 comments:

The Burtons said...

Oh man you've got to love kids and what they can do to us. I hope you are holding up okay until you have a hubby around to help.

Brett and Jen said...

I'm thinking of homeschool too! Pus I think you're doing a great job in single mom status!