So in the last post I wrote about how much I like new hair cuts. I got one yesterday. Let's just say that I don't love new hair cuts as much any more. Here are some of the cons to having to get your curly hair cut.
* They don't teach people how to cut curly hair in beauty school. I went I know. If you ask me this should be mandatory. Curly and straight don't cut the same. First off, they comb your curls straight so many times that when you get done your curls have gone into shock. Mine were hating me yesterday.
* Everyone who has gone to beauty school gives you a cut that would look so cute if you straighten your hair. Well, I have embraced my curls and the personality that comes with them. (I had to do this when we lived on the East side of the U.S. The humidity just doesn't love curls) I don't want to straighten them.
* You have to care for curls so very different from straight hair. Very, very little shampoo. Like once a week. Tons of conditioner without silicone in it. The people that do your hair could really care less. They went to school and this is what they learned. So my hair was in tears as the lady washed my hair with tons of shampoo and then totally rinsed out any and all the conditioner she put in. (Which was not enough.)
* Then they put some styling product in your hair and tell you how it won't frizz. Never, ever has that worked for me. I usually end up coming home and doing my hair all over. If I don't I have Charlie Bucket hair. (You know the kid from Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.)
So last night I was laughing in hysterics, because my hair cut looked just like my little Diva's hair, except it looks really cute on a 2 year old, not so much on me. This morning I was in tears bawling because I look like I have helmet hair. Not even kidding. And this was after I took the time to style it. I would take a picture and show you, but I cannot find my camera. I am in search of mine that I lost and also a new one. A bigger one that can't get lost.
Now I have to wait until it grows out before I can do anything other than a ponytail with it again. I think I will just stick to cutting my individual curls by myself. Also, I do not feel pretty when I am pregnant, so this just added to feeling like the 'Green Momster.'

4 comments:
Your title reminds me of singing 'I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese I really think so"
New Blog is AWESOME!
Japee, just leave cutting your curls for me! Remember how I did it that one time!! Don't worry...Juicy did cheer up charlie hair today to sympathize with you.
Oh and I was sporting the Cheer up Charlie hair today too...phenon called sympathy hair.
I love the new blog! Love how you told the story of your hair, I am sorry.....hopefully you can find a good hairdresser that is depressing.
Post a Comment