These moments happen to me more often than I care to share. Today was the ultimate. Let's start back, way back to when I was about 8. My mom signed me up for piano lessons, which I ended up taking for 10 years. One of the greatest things that has been a long part of my life. Playing the piano was my escape. I could pound on the keys and they would not get hurt, or mad at me. If I was feeling blue, I could slow things down. Happy days, happy music. The piano and I are wonderful friends.
Fast forward to today. Every Sunday I get to sing with the children at church. I am one of the lucky Primary Music Directors for the church we go to and I love it. Also, on each Sunday, I get to play the piano for closing so there isn't lots of switching around.
I sat down as usual to play the song 'Love One Another.' I looked at the music, then I looked at the keys and I couldn't do it. It was like trying to read a foreign language. I couldn't find Middle C. I couldn't do anything. If the world would have depended on me playing that song to save it, well, it wouldn't exist anymore. Sad, sad day. Thank goodness there were some other women that could play and they took over for me.
I did get home and play the song later on, so not all is lost. Phew.
1 comment:
Oh.My.Goodness!!!! That is so awful and hilarious at the same time. I would totally lose my mind if something like that happened to me. Good thing it all came back later on. How weird!!
Some of my fondest piano experiences and memories involve you!!! Whenever I talk about you to Tyler and he forgets for a moment who I'm talking about I just say, you know, my piano partner and then he remembers! You are amazing and always made me push to do better.
Post a Comment