Lots of good stories have a back story to them. This story is going to begin with one.
10 years ago I was working at Anderson Lumber. I had woke up late and wasn't able to get showered before I left. It was summer and I made it to work in a pair of warm up pants and a white t-shirt. Things were going along just fine and then I took my lunch break. I had my usual Bayside Bagel sandwich (I miss those sandwiches) and a pink drink. I was up in the lunch room by myself. Whenever I took a swig of my drink I shook it before I drank it. Just to make sure all the flavors were mixed just right. Well, on this particular day. I forgot to completely screw the cap back on and I had pink drink all over my white shirt. Awesome! I had a fleece jacket that I put on for the rest of the work day. Did I mention it was summer? I think it was in the high 90's that day. Guess who walked in and said hi to me. (Wearing shorts and a t shirt.) Yup, Brad Pitt. Okay, not really. It was the first time the Supremo came into the store and talked to me. Talk about feeling like a yucky.
Anyway, fast forward to last night. It was a quick dinner of pizza and salad. We had to get to flag football at 5 and then to tumbling after. (This only happens once a week.) There is this famous salad dressing around here called Dorothy Lynch and we decided to try it. The Diva and I poured a little in a bowl for a test and then I put it back in the fridge. YUMMO!! We really liked it. So when we sat down to dinner I pulled it out of the fridge and gave it a good shake! Just like 10 years ago, the cap wasn't screwed on all the way. The kids just laughed their heads off. Thank goodness for dogs. Graham took care of the mess on the floor, so I only had to wipe up after him. Enjoy the aftermath!
1 comment:
Oh my goodness!! That is hilarious and it made me laugh. That happened to my parents in their downstairs when the whole family (except us) were over for a nice Sunday dinner. My brother-in-law didn't know the ketchup lid was half way off and gave it a good shake, or two, or three and ketchup splattered over everyone, the tv, bookcase, inside the books, on my sister's white shirt, on the kid's faces, on the walls and all over the carpet, etc. He was so embarrassed but it sure is a great story to tell over and over. I'm glad you can laugh about it! Ha, ha, ha, ha!!!!
Post a Comment