There are many phone calls that you don't want to receive. Like robo calls, telemarketers, or even someone from your past that you don't want to talk to. Well I got a phone call yesterday that make my heart sink.
Hello- This is the principal. The Chief is not in class. (I knew he was at school because I personally dropped him off.) He went to his first two classes, but was marked absent. We are checking the bathrooms, but we think he went home.
WHAT?????
Okay so I didn't say that and yell it at the principal, but I wanted to. I told him I would go home and check. I wasn't home at the time.
I got home and he wasn't there. I went down the walking route we take and he wasn't there. I was praying 'Please let my little boy be okay.' I was just about to make another pass down the route we walk and I got a call. We found him. He's back at school. Phew.
I went to the school and we chatted with the principal who was great about the whole thing. Chief decided that he didn't like his reading class. (He is in a really advanced group again.) Then we got to chat with his reading teacher and everything was okay.
He went to class today and had a great time, hopefully a peek at things to come.
I hope I never get a call like that again. I just love this boy.
3 comments:
Oh wow! That is scary. I would have been freaking out. I hope he can learn to love his reading class and feel comfortable about talking to you and his teacher if it isn't working out for him. I'm glad everything turned out alright!!
That is scary! Glad he was found,
Crazy day for you. Glad he was ok!
Post a Comment