Jul 20, 2011

Day 2

Today was not nearly as busy as yesterday.  Looking back I sort of wish it was.  The Diva kept trying to be a dare devil, and got hurt nearly every time.   Graham was driving me bonkers with his, I wanna go out, I wanna come in, I wanna go out...  You get the idea.
I guess the rough day spawns from last night.  I got a call from my handsome Supremo informing me that we were under a severe thunderstorm warning.  This was at 10.  That's late for me, but I wanted some me time.  Instead of heading up to bed and hoping the whole thing would blow over, I got the basement bed ready, and took the Diva downstairs.  (She was sleeping at the time.)  Next come the lightening, thunder, and screaming winds.  I was in and out the whole time.  Finally at 1 am it was over and I took us girls up to our rooms. A workout at 1 in the morning is never something I enjoy doing.  I was winded and it took me a long time to calm down.
Next morning (today) I was up at 6 and couldn't get back to sleep.  Shower, scripture study, breakfast, email checking.  All done by myself.  The Diva didn't wake up until 8.  Lucky.  I got her favorite breakfast of oatmeal and strawberry smoothie, and we sat there.  Just us two girls.  It was fun.  She proceeded to tell me all about the coloring she was going to do today.
No walk today.  I was so tired from all the walking yesterday.  We didn't go to the library either.  At 10 we went and picked up a sister from church so she could make a scripture journal for her hubby.  I made her one, and she wanted to do one, so we did.
That done we went to the carnival for some lunch and to see what the rides were going to be like.  We didn't ride any.  They were still getting ready.  We did enjoy a lunch of BBQ pork sandwich, potato salad, and our most favorite.  A fuzzy navel snow cone.  So tasty.
Another afternoon of me trying to nap and not succeeding.  This is when she decided to do her take at being a stunt man.  She jumped off a file box, onto the piano bench which tipped over with her getting caught in the shuffle.  That was the only one I saw.  There were numerous others that I heard the scream and knew what happened.
Right now she is enjoying her favorite show.  Princess Dangerous (Tangled).  So this is my moment to let you know what happened.  Two more days.

1 comment:

Juicy said...

You could come and visit....Then it'd go from 2 grels to 7 grels!