Jul 1, 2011

Fun Thing to Do!

It wasn't a super hot day here at our house, so we went outside for some fun. I was browsing blogs the other day (no I don't remember where I saw this, so I won't take credit for it's brilliance) and found a way fun recipe.
It was for sidewalk chalk paint. We had to make two batches because we had so much fun with the first one. I would show you pictures, but would you believe my camera broke. Yup. I am not destined to take photos.

Here is the recipe

1/4 c. of Corn Starch
1/4 c. of Water

Mix together. Add just a couple drops of food coloring, so you don't stain your sidewalk. Get some paint brushes and have fun. I wouldn't recommend the foam brushes because the sidewalk will tear them apart.

The kids painted the sidewalk, the pot out front, the fence, my toenails (which look fabulous) and each other. It comes right off. We will be doing this again. I loved it.

3 comments:

Sonja said...

Thanks for the fun idea!

Tina said...

Oooh, I make that and let the kids just play with it inside but how fun to play with in on the sidewalk. What a great idea!!

Melissa said...

You're such a good mom! I'd never be outside in this heat being 7 months pregnant!