I love reading opinions on things. I will search and search an item and see what people have to say about it before I buy it. So for all you moms out there doing the bottle thing or anyone in search of a bottle for your baby, here is my review of three that I am currently using for my little T-Bug.
Dr. Brown's
These are what I have used the longest. I like them. I love that there is virtually no bubble back flow into the bottle. T-Bug has not been super gassy when he uses these. The burps come, but they don't sound like a fog horn. Prices at approx. $15 for 3. You can get these most anywhere.
The cons:
- There are quite a few pieces to clean. I like the whole philosophy of less in more.
- A lot of times when you shake the bottle, formula goes up the tube. That equals leaking. I am not a fan of that.
- A lot of times I forget to take out the little plastic disk when it's time to feed him. (This is when we travel.) But I guess you could call that being blonde.
So if I was to give this bottle a rating from 1 to 10 I would probably give it a 7
Avent
I was looking for a bottle with less parts. On the box this shows it vents, so I was excited. It seemed improved from when I used Avent 8 years ago with the Noodle. There were less parts than the Dr. Brown's. We gave it a try, and I must say that I am not impressed. There were so many bubbles. I was burping little T every 2 ounces. They weren't just little burps either. Blow you away kind. You know the kind that always happens at church when it is quiet. Maybe it is because he gets the formula faster, I don't know. It's not my favorite. Priced at $15 for 2. You can get these most anywhere.
The cons:
- Lots more bubbles. Gassy Child.
On the scale I would probably give it a 4.
Think Baby
I have only had these for well, today. I am totally impressed. I used this company's sunscreen for my kids this year and loved it. Anyway, back to bottles. The design on these rocks. The are really slim in the middle and make it really easy to hold. The vent system comes in the nipple. Even less parts than the Avent, and way less than Dr. Brown's. There were no bubbles while he was using it which was what I was looking for. The coolest thing is, that this company has come up with a way to turn the bottles into sippy cups. (I'm not a huge fan of sippy cups, but if you are. It's really cool.) The call it the sippy cup conversion kit. Nice. So you don't have to spend money on bottles and sippy cups. Priced at $15 for 2. Thinkbaby.com is the place to get these at.
Here is what it looks like when it is put together.
The cons:
- You have to order these online where I live. They don't have any store nearby.
Overall I would give this a 9. I can't give it the full 10 as I have only used it today. I may or may not remember to post an update of what I think, but as of today I am liking the Think Baby bottles the best.


2 comments:
Love the reviews! I use doctors brown's bottles but let me know if you continue to like the thinkbaby kind, they look pretty cool!
I too use the doctor brown's bottles but all the parts plus all the cleaning, rinsing and organizing equals more time at the sink and less time doing other necessary things. I've never heard of thinkbaby. We will be done with the bottle in about 4 months so it's probably too late to change but reading the reviews was fun because I feel the same way.
Post a Comment