The Supremo took the boys with him to Idaho for work. He has a sister there and the boys will get to play with cousins for two days! I was excited, and at the same time a little nervous. Never since we have had kids has the Supremo taken them somewhere for more than a few hours. NEVER. I wasn't scared for him. The boys are good travelers. I was scared for myself. Why? I have never been left alone that long with just the Diva. Also it has been over 6 years since I just had one child in the house.
Well, we survived the day. It was quite a busy day. It started with sending the boys off. The Diva was quite sad that she didn't get to go in the truck. After some breakfast we headed out for a walk. We stopped at the park as that is one of her favorite places to go. We were back by 8:30am and I was glad. It was starting to get hot. Next up we went to the library and got a movie and some books. I will be enjoying the Count of Monte Cristo tonight! I think we will go again tomorrow, as we read all the books, and I may want something else to watch.
We went to lunch with some friends and I was laughing so hard I had rice go down the wrong tube, and couldn't stop coughing, while at the same time I couldn't stop laughing. Yes. There were tears.
After that we went to the local Kmart (I know amazing!!!) and got some nail polish. The Diva chose lime green and pink. We proceeded home and took care of manicures and pedicures. I had one green toenail, and three pink ones! Stylish.
I was pooped after that, so we watched Ratatouille for the millionth time. I tried to nap, but the Diva does not allow that often.
It was sandwiches for dinner and then off to family night for the local fair. Lots of people couldn't get enough of the Diva's blonde curls and sunglasses. Lots of walking, and when we headed home I was ready to get in the stroller and be pushed.
Tomorrow isn't supposed to be quite as busy which will be nice. All in all it was fun to have a girls day. I do miss my rambunctious monsters though. Can't wait for Friday.
2 comments:
Geeze, you didn't even answer your phone. Must have been a GREAT DAY!
I am sure you will miss them but how much fun to have girl time before the new baby comes!
Post a Comment