I usually get an a-line cut. Long in the front, short in the back. Sort of a reverse mullet. I wanted something different this time. Something short, but not like I had it in junior high. (What was I thinking.) So instead of letting the beauty shop gal just go to town on my hair. I took in a picture of what I wanted.
So she got to cutting, and I could feel the freedom from my long tresses. Then we got to the styling part. I am going to warn you. What you may read next may make you laugh hilariously, so if you are not in the mood for that, stop now.
People should not try to style my hair. It just doesn't work. My hair is my hair, and I have let it take over, so we get along nicely. The beauty shop gal, started telling me about all these fabulous curly hair products they sell and proceeded to put them in my hair. Then she got the diffuser and started to dry it. You would think no big deal, but for some reason it never works. She kept playing with my hair while it was drying. If you have curly hair you know to let the diffuser do its work and don't touch it. When it was dry. I don't even think I can describe it to you. Hmmmm, cotton ball on a toothpick. But that's not all. I could tell she was getting nervous. She then went on to talk about another product that is just amazing to help curls. With that product she gave me a part and tried to smooth down from the part to about 2 inches. Now, the hair cut was not what I wanted. She only left me about 3 inches on top. The photo to me looks like about 5-6 inches on the top, but I just went to beauty school so what do I know.
She finishes and then keeps putting her fingers into the curls and fluffing them out more. So I have this part with two inches of hair that has been tried to be pushed smooth, and then this inch of fluff. Just so you can have a visual here you go.
Yep, that is what I looked like. The beauty shop gal, and the other lady there were over the top on how "cute" it looked. I think they were just trying to make me feel better. It didn't look good. I ran to the car hoping no one could see me. I got home and Supremo's jaw just dropped, and the Diva said, "Mom it's so curly crazy. How did you do that." I was almost in tears by this time, and Supremo promptly told me to wash it and style it myself. I did just that and I actually really like it!
I may even keep it short for a while. I'll take a photo when I find the charger! Hope that made your day!


1 comment:
Oh I wish I had read this before you called me. We could have had another good laugh over this one. Man, I wanted to see a picture of you after she had styled your hair. I can only imagine your one and only's face when he saw you... Ha, ha, ha!!! That is hilarious!!!! I'm glad you like it though. Can't wait for that picture... hurry and find your charger!!!
Post a Comment